Here at DamnAged Vintage, the Retail Associate represents all our core values and understands our circular fashion mission and that vintage is for everyone. We work to create a personal and meaningful experience for all our shoppers. Inclusivity is a vital mindset here at DAV and helping our customers find inspiration through their pre-loved vintage pieces is what we stand for.
DamnAged Vintage is looking for a driven, self-motivated, personable Retail Associate to join our growing team. We operate in a fast-paced environment and keeping up with current trends is a must. Understanding how to research and date vintage pieces is another important part of this position and having an interest in the history of fashion is necessary.
Core strengths required in this role include flexibility in scheduling, being highly adaptable to traffic flow within the shop and a strong friendly demeanor. Understanding how to cultivate meaningful relationships with our clients is key.
DamnAged Vintage operates both in-store and online with a highly active social media presence. We communicate with customers and clients regularly through various forms of online interaction. Cultivating these relationships and maintaining a daily social media presence is crucial for our brand.
Pay Range: The pay range for this job is $15 - $20 per hour; actual pay is dependent on experience.
Availability: Must be available for a minimum of 3 days a week, weekend availability is a must. Holiday availability is a must. This is a part-time role with opportunities for growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands and delivers sales and profit performance, understanding key tools and resources to drive selling
- Supports the store in the execution of company initiatives
- Supports and participates in team training to execute business results
- Creative in thinking of new ways to engage clients and reach out to a wider client base
- Is the ideal representative of the customer experience expectations in store
- Delivers a consistent experience aligned to DAV Brand expectations by supporting the company and store vision
- Engages in store client initiatives and community outreach
- Champion of DAV core values
- Supports a collaborative environment with the customer at its core
- Engages in networking
- Provides on going feedback to Management on successes and opportunities
- Maintains exceptional productivity standards through store execution
- Upholds all company policies and procedures
- Provides necessary feedback to Management on category opportunities or needs.
- Ensures sales floor and all store standards are met at all times.
- Proper ticketing of new inventory
- Comfortable with communication via social media
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- A degree in fashion is preferred but not necessary
- Retail experience or similar industry experience in a complex, high-volume or high-profile specialty environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
- Ability to maintain client relationships via social media
- Ability to maneuver around the sales floor, stock/dressing room, cash-wrap and office; work around/with chemicals, lift/climb up to 30 lbs. and climb moderately
- Ability to operate the register, stand, move and walk for multiple hours
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require day, evening, weekends and may include overnight shifts and travel (as required)
- Proven track record of success, including a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with customers, management and co-workers.
- Planning and prioritization/time management skills
- Computer skills must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Google docs
- Must be familiar with various forms of social media including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest
- Experience using POS systems including Shopify is not necessary but preferred.
- Training will be extensive and thorough, approximately 15-20 hours
- Must live in the Tri-State area
- Must have a valid driver's license
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a resume, portfolio/personal aesthetic board, and why you want to be a part of the vintage world. (Sustainable nature of the industry, interest in vintage fashion, avid thrifter, etc.)
Please include your social media handles including Instagram and Pinterest.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name and last name, Retail Associate Position as the subject line.
Please no inquiries or applications via Instagram.